Monday, September 15, 2008

My First MBA Fair

This past weekend I attended my first MBA fair of this application season. It was put on by the MBA tour and had probably 25-30 schools in attendance. I was a bit disappointed with the organization of the event.

The event was from 8:30-5 and the schedule for the fair wasn't previously available so I showed up at 12:30 thinking that I would be able to wander around the fair for a few hours and talk to the schools I was interested in and then duck back out. This was not the case. The "fair" part where each school had a table in a ball room didn't start until 3pm and until then there were 45 min presentations from the various schools in attendance. The two or three schools that I was really excited to check out had already presented that morning. If I had known this, I would have gotten to the fair sooner.

All in all, not a bad fair experience and I'll know better for my next MBA fair on Tuesday put on by the Forte Foundation.

No comments: