Friday, October 10, 2008

German Apple Cake

This week's dessert was brought to us by Ms. Carly. She made a totally FABULOUS (fabulous, I tell you) German Apple Cake. Her grandma has had this recipe for many years and it's just delectable.

In order to help all of us stay on our assorted diets, Carly used fat free cream cheese in the frosting. It made it more the consistency of frosting that you drizzle on top of a cinnamon roll instead of the really thick and crusty cream cheese usually found atop good carrot cakes. It added a really light flavor to the apples in the cake. Being the anti-super-sweet-frosting girl that I am, I would have enjoyed perhaps a bit less frosting, but since I'm unusual in this regard, I just didn't eat all of it.

I have asked Carly for her very tasty recipe, but am not sure yet if she's willing to share. All I can say is that you're really lucky if you got to enjoy this wonderful dessert!

No comments: