Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Champagne Chiffon Cake! Mmmmm.

Last week, I added a bunch of new dessert blogs to my Google reader because I felt that I should broaden my recipes from just those of William Sonoma. Thanks to ChuThis for those suggestions!

On one of my newly tagged blogs, I found this lovely recipe for a Champagne Chiffon cake. I thought I should have cake for dessert night since we've had all sorts of other things, but no cakes. I wanted something easy to make that didn't require a lot of extra time messing around with frosting, since I did that last week, or layer cakes.

Thus, Champagne cake it was. This is a very easy cake, but you definitely need one of the pans where the bottom comes out, like you would use for Angel Food cake. The recipe was really easy to make with the exception of folding the egg whites into the champagne cake flour batter part. Luckily, Baking Bites addressed that and recommended folding in some of the egg whites before you fold in all of them so the batter is a bit easier to mix.

Here's a pic of this week's tasty treat.


Thanks to Candace for all of her help!

Click here if you want this week's recipe.