In hopes of this becoming a tradition, I wanted to share with you my best of 2009 in the same fashion as my Best of 2008 post. Lots of big things happened this year and I can only hope that 2010 brings even more great and new adventures for life. (Note: These are in no particular order, nor are they all of the great things that happened this past year.)
1. Starting my MBA at Haas.
2. The end of the b-school application rollercoaster.
3. Catching up with good friends in the PNW not once, but twice this year.
4. Going to Alaska and experiencing almost 24 hours of light, even though we saw no moose.
5. Feeding a Musk Ox.
6. One of my best friend's getting engaged.
7. My good friend from college's awesome wedding and amazing macadamia nut crusted halibut.
8. Giving in and joining the iPhone craze.
9. Crazy wine bus trips to Napa and hilarious Haas costume parties.
10. Fitting back into my skinny jeans thanks to Dailey Method and walking everywhere.
11. New friends.
12. Becoming a full time student and not having conference calls 24/7.
It is very interesting to look back on 2009 and see that I have been able to get to new and better places based on all of the work that I started many years ago. I guess it's always nice to know that you're not wasting your time with all of these grand ideas. My best of lists are reminding me as well that I'm getting to be more and more of an adult as friends get married, engaged, and people start buying houses and settling into their future lives. I know that it's a very lofty goal for 2010, but it would be nice if I had a bit of a better idea of what I want in the future.
As I look back on 2009, it almost feels like two years with just one date because my pre-Haas life seems so different than my Haas life. As I regress to being a crazy social, studious grad student, everyone else continues around me while I'm off on this separate adventure. I definitely need to be sure that I'm using this time wisely, otherwise it will be just one costly adventure.