Sunday, July 5, 2009

Apartment in Berkeley!!

After visiting over a dozen apartments, calling even more landlords to try to see apartments, and constantly surfing Craigslist, I managed to find a wonderful home in walking distance of campus and in a cute neighborhood called Elmwood.

Haas students generally live in one of three neighborhoods: North Berkeley, Gourmet Ghetto, and Elmwood. After visiting all of these neighborhoods, Elmwood became my clear favorite because it's not on a huge hill and while not close to some of the most favorite restaurants in Berkeley, it's still close to a very nice area of shops and restaurants. Also, it's conveniently located on the south end of campus so it's closer to the Bay Area and Peninsula, but not so close to south campus that it's in the middle of the undergrads and sorority houses.

I will be living in a nicely remodeled 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment with two other girls starting at Haas in the fall. We are on the top floor of a small 3 unit building and have a garage, dishwasher and laundry with our apartment. Our landlord is an awesome very responsible guy who did a fabulous job redoing all of the apartments in the building. We are also very excited that another Haas '11 and his wife will be moving in downstairs.

I think it's going to be a great spot and I'm very excited to be moving away from my very heavy-footed upstairs neighbor. I'm also just glad that the housing search is officially over and now I can focus on the other key things that I need to start school like financial aid, health care and all of the other self assessments that I need to do prior to the first day of class.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Laureen,
I am interested in applying to Haas this season and would like to interact with you on your views to the essays and the applications. I would appreciate if you can touchbase back with me. I am following you on twitter. May be you can DM me there your email id.

JulyDream said...

Woo hoo!! Very exciting lady. :D

Jeremy C Wilson said...

Hey Sunnyside Up, congrats on Berkeley! I went to school and worked in the Bay, so I have a couple of friends who are also at Haas. Anyhow, just thought I'd say hello, since I am a new blogger.

Have a good weekend,
Jeremy

http://jeremywilson-jdmba.blogspot.com/

teaseyez said...

replica bags from china j96 t2z68j5j96 Louis Vuitton fake Bags w57 m2t15v0z77 high end replica bags z22 s9u15v2h20