Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fresh Berry Tart

Since I was on vacation, I decided to undertake a slightly more challenging dessert this week. I wanted something that was light and summery with how hot it has been. When I was catching up on my Google Reader reading, I found a recipe for a fresh berry tart that sounded particularly yummy. I'd get to use the great summer berries which are generally my favorite on fruit tarts anyway.

I found red raspberries, blackberries and golden raspberries (yes, there are yellow raspberries and they're not a mythical fruit!). I also got blueberries, but decided to be selfish and keep them all for me. (If you ever really want to make me very happy, get one of those gigantic containers of blueberries from Costco. I will love you forever.)

This recipe is actually quite easy to make. It just has several steps. The cream is quite quick on the stove. Just make sure to keep whisking. As for the crust, it didn't turn out like I thought it would. It was very crumbly and tasted like shortbread. I think that next time I will either add a bit more water to the dough or wait a bit after taking it out of the fridge so it can defrost a bit.

All in all, it was really yummy. Please drool over the pics...




I had to take them quickly before people munched!

To make your own, go here.

No comments: