Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Been a While

So, it's been quite a while since my last blog and since I haven't been working I really have no excuse for not blogging. Lots of things have happened...

My last day at Genentech was 5/30. I'm very excited to be done and moving on to newer and better things. Really the only things that I miss are several of my co-workers and most of all my MacBookPro. But my own MacBookPro is in the mail, so I will have my own soon!

Immediately after ending my adventures at Genentech, I started to move into my new apartment and that's where the drama started. My new landlord was relatively unreasonable about getting things fixed and refused to clean the apartment. She kept claiming that she was used to dealing with "adults" who were more mature. Luckily, I was able to sign a new lease for my old apartment and get out of my lease with her so I didn't have to deal with that drama for a whole year.

While some of that apartment drama was getting fixed, I hung out at home in Pebble Beach with my parents and chilled, went to yoga and generally hung out. That was a very nice change of pace and good that I was totally away from everything that was happening here so I couldn't worry about it as much. Sadly, my great Aunt passed away at the beginning of my vacation, so the second half of the week was spent traveling to and attending her funeral. It was definitely sad, but she'd been rather lost since her husband passed away 4 years ago and it was a good opportunity to reconnect with some family that we hadn't seen in a while.

J and I went to Live 105's BFD on Saturday and got to hang out and hear some great tunes and chill amidst dealing with some of the challenges of the venue like ATMs without cash and the lack of a lawn for relaxing. It was definitely a good day, but a tiring one.

The last three days of my vacation have been probably the best because I really got to exist in a relaxed state. I spent the first week getting to that state and then have gotten to enjoy it. I got to do some things around my apartment, besides unpacking, that I've wanted to do for a while and got to catch up on my movies and tv too.

Somewhere in the vacation mix was a chill dessert night of ice cream sundaes (thanks to L1 for all of the supplies). There are no pictures unfortunately, but I promise I will get back into formal blogging mode for tonight's dessert night.

All in all, it's been a really great and relaxing vacation. I'm very excited to start at E2Open tomorrow and it's been really really good for me to get a lot of that tension out of my system so I can start my new adventures totally relaxed.

No comments: