Sunday, January 18, 2009

Maple Pecan Pie


Pie is one of my fallback desserts for Dessert Night because it's always tasty, comes in a variety of flavors, and is very easy to make. My mom had given me some pre-made pie crusts and I had very little time to make this dessert because of applications, so pie it was. Mostly, I do berry pies because it's nice to get some fruit into the dessert, but I had recently come across this recipe for Maple Pecan Pie and I just had to try it. Nut pies have been my favorite for almost as long as I could remember. I like the nutty taste along with the sweetness of the sugary filling. My grandma used to make an amazing walnut pie that I really really like, but also thoroughly enjoy pecan pie.

The recipe was really easy because I started with a premade crust and literally within 15 mins the pie was already in the oven. Generally, pecan pies are usually made with another liquid sugary syrup, most likely corn syrup. The maple flavor added a different flavor to it.

All in all, it was a very tasty, quick, and easy dessert night dessert. If you'd like to make your own, please check out the recipe.

No comments: