Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cherry Clafoutis

Yesterday was a long, tiring and stressful day so I was very glad that I selected a quick and easy dessert for the week - cherry clafoutis. For those of you, like me, who had never heard of a clafoutis, just think of a lighter custard with fruit in it. The recipe is super easy! Most of the work is done by a hand mixer and you're basically just combining stuff. I did add extra cherries to this mixture as I was lazy and didn't want to have to measure out half of a bag.

After about 15 mins in the oven, I emerged from the shower to the most delicious smell in my apartment ever...and there have been some pretty yummy smells!!! It's hard to describe because it was both light and flavorful at the same time and just seemed to waft into all corners of my apartment. I'd be happy to make it again just to enjoy the smell. Of course I didn't stop with just the smell, I did have a little taste before the rest of my guests attacked it with vigor. Definitely serve it warm as it's much more flavorful that way. It is a very light and not too sweet dessert that just seemed to hit the spot.

Here's a pic of my creation before it was devoured...



Also, in honor of the Ryans having their birthdays on Saturday, Tara brought a very yummy chocolate butter cream cake for them to enjoy as well.



Want to make this week's recipe? You can thank
William Sonoma again for this tasty treat.

No comments: