Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Dessert Night!!!!!

Wow, it's really hard to believe that it's been a whole year since the very first Dessert Night. I had no idea what to expect at the beginning. Would people even come over? Would there be so many people that they wouldn't fit in my living room? Would I really be able to keep this up? Well, it's been an entire year and we've made it all work. I have really appreciated other Dessert Night Goers really stepping up and helping out when I had grad school apps and GMAT prep that kept me from having time to bake. You have helped me keep Dessert Night alive despite everyone's busy schedules.

To make Dessert Night's birthday special, we had several desserts. I had made Peppermint Marshmallows just for fun and we enjoyed those and some hot chocolate. Also, ChuThis gave me some cookie dough for her fabulous Chocolate Toffee cookies which were amazing. Finally, I wanted to make a dessert with the rest of the awesome apples from Mariquita Farms. I found a recipe for Caramel Apple Pie (since we couldn't have plain apple pie because we had that back in April 2008). Williams-Sonoma has tried and true always tasty recipes, including the one for the pie.

All in all, it's been a great year for Dessert Night. Many thanks to NG for Dessert Night's birthday candle! That's a tradition that we'll have to keep up.

Here's to another great year for Dessert Night!!!!



1 comment:

Choc Heaven said...

yum! is that an apple pie? it looks amazing!