Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake & Scallion & Brie Stuffed Burgers


Last night was quite the culmination of a variety of different culinary experiences and requests that lead to the meal. Let me back up a bit and explain.

About two weeks ago when Garrett finalized his schedule (ok, at least part of it) for his visit to CA and told me that he was going to be in town over a Tuesday night, I immediately invited him to dessert night and being the out of town guest for the evening, also asked for his dessert of choice. Much deliberation ensued. Eventually, he decided that he wanted Chocolate Chip Cheesecake, thus the cheesecake portion of the meal.

The burger idea came from a series of events that led me to the new Food & Wine magazine. At brunch with my family on Mother's Day at the Corkscrew Restaurant in Carmel Valley, I saw a cheeseburger with Gruyere instead of the usual cheddar. It sounded amazing, but alas I didn't order it. I was later reading through my latest edition of Food & Wine where I found a recipe for Scallion & Brie stuffed burgers. It sounded amazing given my love for brie. As usual, I look for excuses to cook for others because I'm not a huge eater myself and don't like tons of leftovers. So, last night was the perfect excuse to make these little guys.

They tasted amazing, but were rather hard to put together so the two hamburger patties didn't separate as they were cooked. J did an awesome job cooking the burgers!!! And Garrett was very helpful chopping everything that we needed for the meal.

All in all, it was a very yummy evening.

Here's Candace attempting to devour the cheesecake.

No comments: