Saturday, May 3, 2008

Crepe Attempt...tasty but a big mess.

Crepes sounded like a wonderful and relatively easy, fun and interactive dessert for dessert night. I went to trusty William Sonoma and found a basic recipe that seemed easy enough. Mix all ingredients in blender. Refrigerate. Cook. How hard could this be?

Apparently much harder than I thought since I tried to use cooking gadgets that weren't exactly what the recipe called for. First of all, I tried to use a Cuisinart instead of a blender to mix the batter. This was a bad idea since as I was adding the third ingredient into my first attempt, I noticed a puddle of milk growing under the Cuisinart. On try 2, I added everything quickly and blended with only a small puddle forming under the bottom of the bowl. Phew. Disaster averted.

Luckily Tara brought her crepe pan over because let me tell you frying pans don't work well on crepes. Definitely be sure that you have a crepe pan for this because a frying pan really won't work.

This is what happens when you don't use a crepe pan.


If you are looking to make these amazing crepes, check out the recipes at William Sonoma.

Here's Ryan, aka the face of Dessert Night, enjoying his crepe.


Luckily, everyone was very hungry because the spread was kind of crazy.

No comments: