Monday, May 19, 2008

My First Bay to Breakers

Yesterday, I did my first Bay to Breakers ever! I've been wanting to go for the last 2 years, but something has always foiled that plot. This year that didn't happen. For weeks, Tara, ChuThis and I have been planning our very cute Zeccohero costumes to support T's Zecco.com team.

We looked awesome with silver capes, silver bandannas, pink and silver running shoes, pink fluffy wands, hot pink mini skirts and Zecco t-shirts. We even got the boys to dress up as well.

It was a nice walk, partly sunny and partly foggy in traditional SF fashion. There were elaborate floats ranging from cruise ships and roving beer pong to shopping carts and kayaks filled with the essentials. Because we didn't walk super fast, we didn't get to make it the last mile because that part got closed after 11:30am so we didn't make it all the way to the breakers, but that was alright since we didn't technically start at the bay either as we met up with Zecco just after Van Ness.

All in all, it was a great day. I really enjoyed the walk and once you got to Golden Gate park, the crowds thinned out nicely as well. I will be posting pics, probably to Facebook soon.

1 comment:

tonyleachsf said...

looking forward to the pictures! thanks for joining us :)