Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Cinco de Mayo - Munjar!

In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, Charles suggested Munjar, a sweet Chilean spread like substance (a bit thicker than honey) that is often served with pastry and other starches. Luckily, he also provided a recipe because I had never heard of this stuff before. It really only contains different forms of condensed milk and eggs, yet has a somewhat nutty flavor. J also asked if it had coffee in it because it has such a nutty coffee roasted bean flavor. But you can see for yourself that it does not.

I can't tell you too much about how it tastes because to be honest with you I just licked part of a spoon when I made it on Sunday night so I didn't get the full flavor. But here is a picture of the finished product.

J was also quite amusing as he wrestled with his chips that he had as a post dessert snack. Here's a pic before he conquered the bag.


Stay tuned for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake next week.

No comments: