Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ice Cream Sandwiches, Mochi, Watermelon and Assorted Chocolate

Last night's dessert night was a bit of an odd assortment as I was cleaning out my freezer and cabinets in anticipation of my move. I made ice cream sandwiches out of Safeway ice cream (mint chocolate chip and vanilla) and chocolate chip cookies. We also enjoyed the remaining dark chocolate covered malt balls that Ryan brought last week and my macadamias covered with toffee and chocolate that my aunt sent us for Christmas.

Last week, I saw a watermelon on sale at Safeway and somehow thought that I could eat an entire 5 lb watermelon myself. That didn't happen, so it was added to the spread.

Thanks to Ryan and Tara for bringing Mochi! I know that was a big hit and J will be loving the leftovers.

There are no photos this week or recipes, but stay tuned for next week. I'm not sure what it's going to be yet. Anyone want to guest host dessert night? You bring the dessert (you're even welcome to come over and use my kitchen to make it) and I provide the location and supplies.

No comments: