Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fig Goat Cheese and Thyme Tart

A while back when I asked for recipes for my just kidding I didn't move party, Candace sent me a recipe for a tart that she has really been wanting to try. I had a little extra time this week and I found that Whole Foods was having a sale on goat cheese which basically meant that the stars had aligned and I was supposed to make that tart.

The crust for the tart was the same recipe for crust that I had made before and had issue with it. Like before, the dough was so crumbly that it was impossible to roll out. I ended up giving up on rolling it out and just pressing it into the tart pan and doing my best to make it work like a tart. It turned out ok. I also didn't have pastry weights so luckily I had a jar of marbles that a friend gave me in college (so I could "lose my marbles") that I used as pastry weights instead. Here's a look at the crust....notice the large crevasses that definitely shouldn't be there. Something to work on next time.



The goat cheese was great and I seasoned it with a bit less cayenne pepper than the recipe called for and it wasn't spicy, but had good flavor. After baking however, it was really spicy, but in a good way, just not something that I was expecting in a dessert.


All in all, I think that Candace was really excited about her suggestion for a dessert night. Here's Candace enjoying the tart.


Feel free to send me recipes as they may become future dessert nights. In the meantime, if you want to make your own Fig Goat Cheese and Thyme tart, here's the recipe.

No comments: