Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fourth of July Weekend Wakeboarding

J invited me to go to Ryan's Grandma's house in Rio Vista (just past Antioch, CA) to hang out on the delta and go wakeboarding. As PJ put it, it was a weekend of sunning and boozing, oh and don't forget playing with dogs.

This past weekend, I wakeboarded for the second time ever. Despite the consistent faceplanting and dislike of murky water (the fishies might get my toes!!), I decided that I should try wakeboarding again. The murky water is still yucky, but I will admit that wakeboarding was more fun this time. After a couple of tries (luckily no faceplanting), I managed to get up on the board but was so shocked that water didn't come rushing into my nose, that I happened to let go of the line and discovered "oh yeah!" the water's still there. I don't know that there is photographic evidence of this, but I'm sure there will be more opportunities for it.

All in all, it was a great fun weekend of sunning, boozing, hanging out with good people, and relaxing.

No comments: